Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Beta = 13

I can't believe this is happening..AGAIN! My Beta was 13 today. This totally caught me off guard. I already had spotting, but no symptoms at all this month. I basically thought it didn't work this time. Imagine my surprise when the nurse called and said it was 13 this time. Last month it came back at 12. I already have some light spotting. This is not a good sign. I feel like this is just a repeat of last month. Why does my body keep doing this? Now I'm afraid there there is big problem. Did we have more miscarriages when we were trying in the beginning, and we just didn't know?

I talked to the RE and expressed my concern. He says that there is no explaination why this happened again, that it could turn around, but it is really low. He said that I will repeat my Beta on Monday. If AF shows today or tomorrow I will go in for baseline. I told him I wanted testing done before we move forward with IVF. I want to make sure everything is ruled out before I put my body through IVF, only to have this happen again. So now I just wait and see what happens. If this turns out to be another chemical pregnancy, we will do RPL testing, a slew of blood work, and a uterine biopsy before we move forward. I am hoping this turns around, but I know this will probaly not end well.

No comments: