Wednesday, May 6, 2009

38 weeks - Update



OK I am really bad at making sure I update my blog. I just realized it's been 2 months!

So I'm 38 weeks. I am officially on bed rest. I went to my normal OB appointment on 4/22 and my Blood pressure was high. Fast forward to two L&D visits...now I am on bed rest to keep my blood pressure down. It's strange because when I go to the hospital my numbers are normal, then in the office it always seems to be high. What gives? I have no idea. This has been such an easy pregnancy until now.

The doctor doesn't think it will develop into preeclampsia, but she is keeping a very close eye on me. I have to see her twice a week, or more if something is wrong or I don't feel well. So I've been out of work for 2 weeks. I have to admit I am getting bored. I am catching up on much needed sleep, but other than that it's boring. Daytime TV is such a drag. Maybe, I need to get into a soap opera?

All of Alanna's things are put together, car seat is installed and the nursery is done. (see pics). We have everything ready...now we just need a baby! Hopefully she will make her appearance soon. We are all really anxious to meet her. And me, well I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore. I am terribly uncomfortable now. SO sweetie, if you are ready...Mommy is ready!

We got maternity pictures taken. I am going to post those later tonight or tomorrow. So stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry about the bedrest! I spend a ton of time online, especially while nursing, so I will try to get on IM if you feel like chatting. Just know that one handed ty[ing is slow going :)
Rest a take very good care of yourself!!
Beth
http://our-monkey.livejournal.com/