Sunday, July 6, 2008

Common Thread Bracelet


I made my Common Thread Bracelet today. I must say, I am quite happy with the way it turned out. I looked all over for a turtle bead this afternoon. Poor DH went to 3 craft stores with me to find one. Not one in any of the stores! So I got this pretty heart toggle. I am planning on wearing it until we get our BFP and maybe afterwards. I am just wondering how I am going to deal with questions about it at work tomorrow...how does everyone else deal with it? Do you tell them what it means? Do you just say a friend gave it to you? I haven't figured out that part yet.

Here is the history on "A Common Thread"
http://stirrup-queens.blogspot.com/2006/09/history-of-infertilitys-common-thread.html

4 comments:

my hope my faith my love said...

That looks great! Did you braid it?

Melymel80 said...

I used these directions
http://www.rings-things.com/Projects/68002-10.htm

C said...

I've been wearing one for, geez, almost two years now (since Mel came up with the idea) and no one has ever asked me about it. I felt sure that someone would, but no dice. Love the way you braided yours--I may have to try that with my next one!

Stephanie said...

That looks really nice. :) I like it! When I start wearing mine (a friend is making one fo rme) I will probably tell people what it means. I'm sort of at a point where I don't feel like hiding it anymore.